Friday, April 26, 2013

The bushes

Shortly after we got Lucy, we lost half of a boxwood bush in the yard.  No one witnessed what happened, but when we brought Lucy over and asked her, she ran away.  I blamed Lucy, even though I did not see her do it. Is that wrong?

Last spring, we did a little landscaping project on the side of the house.  Lucy did not like the arrangements, so she fixed it for us in her own way!  We planted 3 small grassy plants, along with some other bushes.  About 3 days after the project was finished, I noticed 1 grassy plant was missing when I let the dogs out in the yard.  I checked the yard, and found the grassy plant shredded in the middle of the yard.  Lucy strikes again! I brought Lucy over to the plant, showed her the mess, and firmly said "NO!".  Lucy looked at me for a second, and went about her business.

Trying to prevent a repeat performance, I sprayed the remaining plants with Bitter Apple spray.  2 days went by, and another plant mysteriously disappeared.  WTH? This plant was also shredded and spread out on the grass. At this point, I was forced to pull out the big guns, and sprinkled cayenne pepper all over the rest of the plants.  Then the third plant was removed...does Lucy have any taste buds at all?

As my boyfriend is rather stubborn, he replaced all three plants with THE SAME PLANT! I am not sure what the difference was, but none of the plants have been touched so far.  I think Lucy is done with the shrub rearranging and has just switched to grass this year. Multiple times this spring, I have caught her on the deck with a grass clump, roots and all, tucked between her paws.  If only I could train her to just pull weeds!

Does your dog do any landscaping for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment